Transfer files from xp pc to windows8 pc
How do I transfer files from my old xp to my new Windows 8 pc. I know windows 8 does not have easy transfer
There are several choices. Here are a few ways:
1. E-mail the data from the old machine and read it on the new one.
2. Network the two machines and transfer the data over the network.
3. Remove the drive from the old computer and install it temporarily (or even permanently) in the new computer or in an external USB case.
4. Use floppies and span the larger files over several diskettes using
a file splitting program (or any standard zip utility, which can also do this).
5. Copy the files to CDs
6. Copy the files to a USB thumb drive.
Which of these is best for you depends on several things: how much data you have to transfer, whether you plan to keep the old computer, whether you are willing to spend a few dollars for a thumb drive if you don't have one, etc.
2013-04-11, 2317👍, 0💬
How to remove BTTray.exe from startup program list? If you are not using any bluetooth devices, you ...
How to see all startup applications on your Window system? If you want see all startup applications ...
Can I disable Windows service "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" to speedup my computer? Windows serv...
What is "SPP Notification Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "SPP Notification Servic...
Can I remove startup application "quickset.exe - Dell QuickSet MFC Application" to speedup my comput...