Moving Music Player Library to Another Computer
Can I move my Music Player Library from my old computer to my new computer? I have a lots of music folders linked to the Music Player Library.
No. You can not move or copy the Music Player Library from one computer to another computer.
Here is the explanation from Microsoft: "The Player Library is a database that includes links to the digital media files on your computer. Among other reasons, you can't move the Player Library from one computer to another because the links in the database would no longer be correct."
That's a design issue in Windows Media Player 12.
So you have to manually rebuild your Music Player Library on the new computer using these steps:
1. Copy all music folders from the old computer to the new computer. Make sure that they going to the same drive and folder locations on the new computer.
2. Copy all playlists from the old computer to the new computer in the C:\Users\userid\Music\Playlists folder.
3. Relink all music folders to the Music Player Library on the new computer.
4. Let Windows Media Player 12 on the new computer to update the the library with those folders.
5. Restart Windows Media Player 12 to enjoy your new Music Player Library.
2014-04-26, 5668👍, 0💬
What files are stored in the "C:\Users\<userid >\AppData\Roaming "folder? Can I delete ...
Checking FTP Server Log File If you look the settings, you will find out that the log file is locate...
How to block popup ads in Mozilla FireFox 2? If you are getting a lots of popup ads, and want to blo...
Where to find information about what processes are running on Windows 8 and how to manage them? I wa...
How to configure your system for Wireless Internet connection? Once your wireless router is connecte...