Turn on "File Sharing" on Windows 10
How to turn "Network Sharing" on my Windows 10 computer?
The "Network Sharing" function allows you to share files or folders on your computer to other users on other computers on the network.
Here is how to turn on "Network Sharing" function based on the type of Internet connections:
1. Go to "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center". You see your current Internet connection status.
2. Take note on the type of network connection. For example, the diagram below shows that you are connected as a "Public network".
3. Click on "Change advanced sharing settings" from the left menu. You see the sharing options for each network profile (or type).
4. Click to open the "Guest or Public" section.
5. Click to turn on "Turn on file and printer sharing" under the "File and printer sharing" section:
File and printer sharing When file and printer sharing is on, files and printers that you have shared from this computer can be accessed by people on the network. [x] Turn on file and printer sharing [ ] Turn off file and printer sharing
6. Click "Save changes".
Now your computer is ready to share files, folders and printers.
For security consideration, you should consider configure your home Wi-Fi as "Private" and other Wi-Fi as "Public". Then you can turn on file sharing only for your "Private" home Wi-Fi connection only.
2019-10-17, 1769👍, 0💬
A collection of 14 tutorials on Apache and PHP installation and configuration covering: How to downl...
What is wrong if you get an execution error: "The procedure entry point _zval_dtor could not be loca...
What is AccelerometerSt.exe process - Hp Accelerometer System Tray? Process AccelerometerSt.exe is t...
How to setup a HP laptop computer? I want to buy the new HP laptop computer on sale at Best Buy for ...
How to view services with the System Configuration tool "msconfig.exe" on Windows 7? System Configur...