Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 11207👍, 0💬
Can I remove startup application "ISUSPM.exe - InstallShield Update Service Update Manager" to speed...
Can I disable Windows service "COM+ Event System" to speedup my computer? Windows service "COM+ Even...
My mail cannot sync and there is a message that my email address is not available when I click on th...
What files are stored in the "C:\Users\<userid >\AppData\Local"folder? Can I delete th...
How to change starting home page setting in Mozilla FireFox? Starting home page is a very important ...