Start/Stop Services on Windows 8 Service Console
How to start or stop services on the Windows 8 Services console?
If you want to start or stop a service on the Windows 8 Services console, you can follow this tutorial:
1. Login as an administrator and start the Services console as described in the previous tutorial.
2. Scroll service list up and down to locate the service that you are interested in, for example "Print Spooler".
3. Double-click on "Print Spooler". You will see the "Print Spooler Properties" screen showing up with the "General" tab.
4. If the service status is "Running", you can click the "Stop" button on the General tab to stop it.
5. If the service status is "Stopped", you can click the "Start" button on the General tab to start it.
6. Wait for the system to stop or start the selected service and watch the "Service Control" progress window:
Windows is attempting to stop/start the following service on Local Computer.. Print Spooler
7. When it's done, the service status will be changed.
Picture below shows you how to use Services console
to stop or start services
2016-12-06, 329👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "COM+ Event System" to speedup my computer? Windows service "COM+ Even...
What are the commonly used background processes on Windows systems? - Part II Continue from Part I. ...
What is Apache server? Apache server is an open-source free Web server software that runs websites. ...
How to configure your system for Wireless Internet connection? Once your wireless router is connecte...
What is YInstStarter Class - Download Program Files (DPF)? YInstStarter Class is a Download Program ...