Start/Stop Services on Windows 8 Service Console
How to start or stop services on the Windows 8 Services console?
If you want to start or stop a service on the Windows 8 Services console, you can follow this tutorial:
1. Login as an administrator and start the Services console as described in the previous tutorial.
2. Scroll service list up and down to locate the service that you are interested in, for example "Print Spooler".
3. Double-click on "Print Spooler". You will see the "Print Spooler Properties" screen showing up with the "General" tab.
4. If the service status is "Running", you can click the "Stop" button on the General tab to stop it.
5. If the service status is "Stopped", you can click the "Start" button on the General tab to start it.
6. Wait for the system to stop or start the selected service and watch the "Service Control" progress window:
Windows is attempting to stop/start the following service on Local Computer.. Print Spooler
7. When it's done, the service status will be changed.
Picture below shows you how to use Services console
to stop or start services
2016-12-06, 653👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Intel NCS NetService" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Intel ...
Can I disable Windows service "ATI HotKey Poller" to speedup my computer? Windows service "ATI HotKe...
Can I register my computer later? I don't want to register my computer during the initial Windows 7 ...
What is helpctr.exe - Microsoft Help and Support Center? helpctr.exe is the executable binary file o...
Can I remove startup application "exec.exe - NetZero Dialup ZCast" to speedup my computer and reduce...