Identify the lsass.exe Process on Windows 8
How to identify the lsass.exe process on and its hosted services on Task Manager on Windows 8? I want to know how much memory is used by lsass.exe.
You can easily identify the lsass.exe process and its hosted services on Task Manager using these steps:
1. Type in "taskmgr" in the Start button search box to start the Task Manager.
2. Click the "Process" tab. Then click the "Image Name" to sort the process list by name.
3. Locate the "lsass.exe" line in process list, And note done the Memory usage. For example:
Name PID User CPU Memory Description lsass.exe 600 SYSTEM 00 5,184 K Local Security Authority Process
4. Right-mouse click on "lsass.exe", and select "Go to process(es)" from the context menu. The "Services" tab will open with services running under "lsass.exe" highlighted.
5. Review the highlighted services. For example:
Name PID Description Status SamSs 600 Security Accounts Manager Running Netlogon 600 Netlogon Running KeyIso 600 CNG Key Isolation Running EFS 600 Encrypting File System (EFS) Running
This confirms that all 4 services are running under a single shared process of "lsass.exe" with PID = 600.
2016-12-19, 368👍, 0💬
What is "Lenovo Keyboard Noise Reduction" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Lenovo Keyboard ...
How to remove NetZero Toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE) browser? NetZero Toolbar offers you nice f...
Can I remove startup application "DSentry.exe - Dell DVDSentry" to speedup my computer and reduce se...
What is the best way to remove programs from the startup application list? There are a number of way...
Can I remove startup application "SynTPLpr.exe - TouchPad Driver Helper Application" to speedup my c...