Disable/Enable Services on Windows 8 Service Console
How to enable or disable services on the Windows 8 Services console?
If you want to enable or disable a service on the Windows 8 Services console, you can follow this tutorial:
1. Login as an administrator and start the Services console as described in the previous tutorial.
2. Scroll service list up and down to locate the service that you are interested in, for example "Print Spooler".
3. Double-click on "Print Spooler". You will see the "Print Spooler Properties" screen showing up with the "General" tab.
4. If you want to disable the service, click the "Stop" button to stop the service first, then change the "Startup type" setting to "Disabled".
5. If you want to enable the service, change the "Startup type" setting to "Manual" first, click the "Apply" button, then click the "Start" button start the service.
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.
Picture below shows you how to use Services console
to disable or enable services:
2016-12-06, 484👍, 0💬
How to publish HTML documents to your local Apache server? If you followed our Apache server install...
What is the startup program "Intel Graphics Accelerator Helper - igfxtray.exe" on my Windows 8 compu...
Playing MPEG Video Files with MPlayer The next test is to use MPlayer to play a MPEG video file: C:\...
Can I disable Windows service "Application Layer Gateway Service" to speedup my computer? Windows se...
What files are stored in the "C:\Users\<userid >\AppData\Local\M icrosoft\Windows\Tempor. ..