Disable/Enable Services on Windows 8 Service Console
How to enable or disable services on the Windows 8 Services console?
If you want to enable or disable a service on the Windows 8 Services console, you can follow this tutorial:
1. Login as an administrator and start the Services console as described in the previous tutorial.
2. Scroll service list up and down to locate the service that you are interested in, for example "Print Spooler".
3. Double-click on "Print Spooler". You will see the "Print Spooler Properties" screen showing up with the "General" tab.
4. If you want to disable the service, click the "Stop" button to stop the service first, then change the "Startup type" setting to "Disabled".
5. If you want to enable the service, change the "Startup type" setting to "Manual" first, click the "Apply" button, then click the "Start" button start the service.
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.
Picture below shows you how to use Services console
to disable or enable services:
2016-12-06, 567👍, 0💬
How to uninstall OpenOffice.org 2.2? If you want to uninstall OpenOffice.org 2.2, you should follow ...
How to start sc.exe command to create, delete and manage Windows services? sc.exe is a command line ...
How do I move the licenses for the tracks that I ripped from CDs to my new computer? Typically, lice...
What Is the VIDEO_TS Folder or Directory on a DVD-Video (Movie) Disc? On a DVD-Video disc, usually a...
Can I remove startup application "Directcd.exe - Roxio DirectCD Application" to speedup my computer ...