Understanding security and safe computing - Check your security status with Windows Security Center
Windows Vista Security basics - Understanding security and safe computing - Check your security status with Windows Security Center
Windows Security Center is your headquarters for computer security. It shows your computer's current security status and recommends anything that you should do to help make your computer more secure. To open it:
• Open Security Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Security Center.
Security Center checks your computer for these security essentials:
• Firewall. A firewall can help protect your computer by preventing hackers or malicious software from gaining access to it.
• Automatic updating. Windows can routinely check for updates for your computer and install them automatically.
• Malware protection. Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses, worms, and other security threats. Antispyware software can help protect your computer from spyware and other potentially unwanted software.
• Other security settings. Security Center checks for proper Internet security settings and whether User Account Control is turned on. For more information, see User Account Control Overview.
If any of the security items have a red or yellow background, your computer might be vulnerable to security threats. To fix the problem, click an item to expand it, and then follow the instructions.
2009-06-16, 3973👍, 0💬
How to terminate a program that does not respond to its interface? Sometimes applications may encoun...
What is a wireless router? A wireless router is a special network router that connects workstations ...
Can I remove startup application "sttray64.exe - IDT PC Audio" to speedup my computer and reduce sec...
What is a DSL modem? A DSL modem is a device that is used to interface your computer and the DSL lin...
Can I disable Windows service "Infrared Monitor" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Infrared M...