Downloading and Installing JDK (Java SE Development Kit)
How to download and install JDK (Java SE Development Kit) 6?
If you want to download and install JDK (Java SE Development Kit) 6, you should follow this tutorial:
1. Go to Java SE Downloads page.
2. Click the download button in the JDK 6u1. The Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6 Update 1 page shows up.
3. Check the "Accept License Agreement" radio button and go to the "Windows Platform - Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6 Update 1" section.
4. Click the "Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language" link next to jdk-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe 56.06 MB.
5. The File Download dialog box shows up to allow you save the download file to your local hard drive in the directory like c:\temp.
6. When the download is down, you should see a file of c:\temp\jdk-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe with 58,779,296 bytes.
7. To install JDK 6, double click on c:\temp\jdk-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe. The JDK installation wizard shows up.
8. Follow the intruction given by the wizard to finish the installation. JDK 6u1 will be installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01.
9. To verify the installation, start a command window and run the java command. You should see something like this:
C:\>java -version java version "1.6.0_01" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-b06) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode, ...
2007-05-11, 13327👍, 0💬
How to remove AcroIEHelper.dll - Adobe Acrobat IE Helper Version 6.0 for ActivieX? DLL AcroIEHelper....
Where can I find installation instructions for Silverlight 3? Silverlight 3 is a Microsoft product. ...
What are the commonly used background processes on Windows systems? - Part II Continue from Part I. ...
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show view? I have created a macro that displ...
What is Windows Live Toolbar for Internet Explorer (IE) browser? Windows Live Toolbar offers some ni...