What Is WinRAR?
What Is WinRAR?
WinRAR is a tool developed by Alexandar Roshal to handle RAR files and other compression formats. It supports the following features described in its help document:
* Complete support of RAR and ZIP archives
* Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
* Special algorithms optimized for text, audio, graphics, 32-bit and 64-bit Intel executables compression
* Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility and wizard
* Command line interface
* Non RAR archives (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, Z) management
* Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files
* Multivolume archives
* Creation of self-extracting archives (also multivolume) using the default or optional SFX modules
* Recovering physically damaged archives
* Recovery volumes allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives
* Unicode support in file names
* Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments, error logging, etc.
2008-09-03, 5725👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Spectrum24 Event Monitor" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Sp...
Can I disable Windows service "OracleJobSchedulerXE" to speedup my computer? Third party application...
the computer detect the microphone plugged in, but it's not working with any App. or Desktop soft we...
Can I disable Windows service "PCAngel.exe - PC Angel" to speedup my computer? Windows service "PCAn...
What is "WWAN AutoConfig" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "WWAN AutoConfig" service related...