What Is WinRAR?
What Is WinRAR?
WinRAR is a tool developed by Alexandar Roshal to handle RAR files and other compression formats. It supports the following features described in its help document:
* Complete support of RAR and ZIP archives
* Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
* Special algorithms optimized for text, audio, graphics, 32-bit and 64-bit Intel executables compression
* Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility and wizard
* Command line interface
* Non RAR archives (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, Z) management
* Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files
* Multivolume archives
* Creation of self-extracting archives (also multivolume) using the default or optional SFX modules
* Recovering physically damaged archives
* Recovery volumes allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives
* Unicode support in file names
* Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments, error logging, etc.
2008-09-03, 5866👍, 0💬
How do I move the licenses for the songs that I purchased from an online store to my new computer? T...
How to add comments on slides? I am reviewing someone else's presentation and I want to add some com...
Can I remove startup application "ssdiag.exe - Diagnostic Traces Sonic Shared Driver Component" to s...
Can I disable Windows service "Performance Logs and Alerts" to speedup my computer? Windows service ...
How to remove YahooMessenger.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce se...