Getting Blank Pages When Running PHP MySQL Pages
Why am I getting a blank page when running PHP scripts to access MySQL database?
1. Run your PHP application in a Web browser with a URL like http://localhost:8080/fyicenter/index.php. You get no page errors, but nothing in the browser window.
2. If you click View > Source menu, you will get something like:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
3. You are probably going to ask what happens to the application and which code generated this blank page.
4. Open in "notepad" Apache access log file at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\access.log. The access record looks normal:
... "GET /fyicenter/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 -
5. Open in "notepad" Apache error log file at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\error.log. You should see a line like this:
... [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files \Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\fyicenter \index.php on line 40
6. This error tells us that there is a problem in running MySQL functions in the PHP engine. Read our Configuring PHP for MySQL tutorial for fix this issue.
2016-07-04, 90126👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Network DDE DSDM" to speedup my computer? Microsoft application servi...
What is a wireless router? A wireless router is a special network router that connects workstations ...
Can I disable Windows service "WLANKEEPER" to speedup my computer? Windows service "WLANKEEPER" - Pr...
What is Apache server? Apache server is an open-source free Web server software that runs websites. ...
Can I disable Windows service "Network Associates Task Manager" to speedup my computer? Third party ...