Getting Blank Pages When Running PHP MySQL Pages
Why am I getting a blank page when running PHP scripts to access MySQL database?
1. Run your PHP application in a Web browser with a URL like http://localhost:8080/fyicenter/index.php. You get no page errors, but nothing in the browser window.
2. If you click View > Source menu, you will get something like:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
3. You are probably going to ask what happens to the application and which code generated this blank page.
4. Open in "notepad" Apache access log file at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\access.log. The access record looks normal:
... "GET /fyicenter/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 -
5. Open in "notepad" Apache error log file at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\error.log. You should see a line like this:
... [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files \Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\fyicenter \index.php on line 40
6. This error tells us that there is a problem in running MySQL functions in the PHP engine. Read our Configuring PHP for MySQL tutorial for fix this issue.
2016-07-04, 143146👍, 0💬
What is the startup program "Delayed launcher - IAStorIconLaunch.exe" on my Windows 8 computer? Can ...
How to remove VSAdd-in.dll and VSAdd-in toolbar? If you want to remove VSAdd-in toolbar from your IE...
What is "Storage Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Storage Service" service related...
Where to find information about what processes are running on Windows 8 and how to manage them? I wa...
What is "SMS Agent Host" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "SMS Agent Host" service related t...