Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 12820👍, 0💬
What is msntb.dll - DLL file - Windows Live Toolbar for Internet Explorer? DLL msntb.dll is installe...
How to unblock a publisher? 1. Open Internet Explorer. 2. Click the Tools button, and then click Int...
Can I disable Windows service "Network DDE" to speedup my computer? Microsoft application service "N...
What is the HP Software Installation step doing during Windows 7 initial set up? If you bought a new...
How do I move the licenses for the songs that I purchased from an online store to my new computer? T...