Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 13129👍, 0💬
How do I copy the user ratings for my files to my new computer? You can ensure that the user ratings...
Where to find information about what services are running on Windows 7 and how to manage them? I wan...
How to use sc.exe command to create a new service? If you want to create a new service, you can use ...
Summary of suggested services settings for Windows XP Pro SP1 system - Part II Continue from Part I....
What is service "wuauserv" and library "wuauserv.dll" on Windows Vista? "wuauserv" is a system servi...