Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 14552👍, 0💬
What is Apache server? Apache server is an open-source free Web server software that runs websites. ...
What is naPrdMgr.exe process - Network Associates NAI Product Manager? Process naPrdMgr.exe is the p...
What are default Installed Programs on a Windows 7 Home Premium computer? If you are running a Windo...
What is "ASP.NET State Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "ASP.NET State Service" ser...
A new tab called "Services" is added in "Task Manager" on Windows Vista and Windows 7. What is this ...