Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 10450👍, 0💬
What is yinsthelper.dll - DLL File - Yahoo YInstHelper Module? yinsthelper.dll is the Yahoo YInstHel...
What is the difference between a Web page and a Single File Web Page? Word 2007 supports 2 Web page ...
What is "User Profile Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "User Profile Service" servi...
How to view services with the System Configuration tool "msconfig.exe" on Windows 7? System Configur...
Why am I getting a blank page when running PHP scripts to access MySQL database? Assuming that you h...