Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 10925👍, 0💬
A collection of 14 tutorials on Apache and PHP installation and configuration covering: How to downl...
Summary of suggested services settings for Windows XP Pro SP1 system - Part II Continue from Part I....
Can I disable Windows service "COM+ Event System" to speedup my computer? Windows service "COM+ Even...
How to select your wireless connection during the Windows 7 system initial set up process? If you bo...
I have two internet connection and 1 DLink Load Balancing router. Can anyone tell me that what is th...