Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 11232👍, 0💬
How to publish HTML documents to your local Apache server? If you followed our Apache server install...
Can I remove startup application "UpdaterUI.exe - Networks Associates Common User Interface" to spee...
How do I know what cookies a Website is sending to my computer? When you are visiting a Website, it ...
Can I remove startup application "RealPlay.exe - RealPlayer Tray Bar Application" to speedup my comp...
Can I disable Windows service "Protected Storage" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Protected...