Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 10609👍, 0💬
How to uninstall ActivePerl 188.8.131.520? If for some reason you want to uninstall ActivePerl from your...
Everytime when connect a USB device the volume lowers by 80% It happen with Soundblaster Audigy SE a...
Windows Vista Security basics - Understanding security and safe computing - Update Windows automatic...
A collection of 12 tutorials on creating, deleting and managing Windows services: What is a Windows ...
What is a startup application on your Windows system? A startup application is a software applicatio...