Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 10486👍, 0💬
What is "User Profile Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "User Profile Service" servi...
How to remove DVDLauncher.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce secur...
Can I remove startup application "sttray64.exe - IDT PC Audio" to speedup my computer and reduce sec...
Can I remove startup application "shstat.exe - VirusScan On-access scanner statistics" to speedup my...
Can I disable Windows service "Network Provisioning Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service...