Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 10601👍, 0💬
What is "Software Protection" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Software Protection" service...
How to verify IIS configuration for PHP scripts? If you have followed our Configuring IIS for PHP Sc...
What is BTTray.exe - Process - Bluetooth Tray Application? Process BTTray.exe is Bluetooth Tray Appl...
Everytime when connect a USB device the volume lowers by 80% It happen with Soundblaster Audigy SE a...
What is msdxm.ocx - Windows Media Player 2 ActiveX Control? msdxm.ocx is installed as an ActiveX Con...