Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 10896👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "InstallDriver Table Manager" to speedup my computer? Windows service ...
What to Do When HelpSvc.exe Is Running Out of Control - Using High CPU and Memory? If you find your ...
Why my Windows XP generates a PIN code for Bluetooth connection? If you try to connect to a new Blue...
What is "Office Software Protection Platform" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Office Softw...
How to publish HTML documents to your local Apache server? If you followed our Apache server install...