Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 9795👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" to speedup my computer? Windows service ...
How to edit Mozilla FireFox configuration file? Mozilla FireFox has a configuration file that contro...
Can I disable Windows service "Infrared Monitor" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Infrared M...
What is causing the HTTP 403 (Forbidden) error when running PHP scripts with PHP CGI configuration? ...
Can I remove startup application "quickset.exe - Dell QuickSet MFC Application" to speedup my comput...