Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 10290👍, 0💬
Can I remove startup application "ifrmewrk.exe - Intel Wireless Framework" to speedup my computer an...
How to configure a wireless router? Usually, wireless routers are shipped with a default configurati...
How to dump the list of all processes that are running on my Windows 7 system? I want save names of ...
What to Do When HelpSvc.exe Is Running Out of Control - Using High CPU and Memory? If you find your ...
Pl help me.. Hi.. how to run a php script in windows xp ...? First, you need to download and install...