Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 12721👍, 0💬
Can I remove startup application "BascsTray.exe - Broadcom Advanced Control Suite" to speedup my com...
Downloading and Installing vStrip "vStrip" is one the most powerful DVD ripper and VOB file processi...
Where to find tutorials on managing Windows 7 scheduled tasks? Here is a collection of tutorials on ...
How do I move my library to a new computer? You must perform multiple steps before and after moving ...
I just installed the Windows 8 Release Preview on the Samsung slate that we attendees got at the MIX...