Configuring Apache to Use PHP as CGI on Windows Systems
How to configure Apache server to run PHP engine as CGI on Windows systems?
If you have followed our tutorials and got the Apache server installed and running, got the PHP engine installed and configured, you can now use this tutorial to configure the Apache server to run PHP engine as CGI to support PHP scripts.
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Assuming that your PHP engine is installed at C:\Program Files\php-5.2.0-Win32
3. Use "notepad" to open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation \Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf
4. Go to alias_module section and define a script directory call /php/ as:
<IfModule alias_module> ... ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/Program Files/php-5.2.0-Win32/" </IfModule>
5. Add an access control section for this directory as:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/php-5.2.0-Win32/"> AllowOverride None Options None Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory>
6. Go to mime_module section and define a mime type as:
<IfModule mime_module> ... AddType application/x-httpd-php .php </IfModule>
7. At the root level below the LoadModule section, define an "Action" entry:
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php-cgi.exe"
This "Action" entry tells Apache to run "php-cgi.exe" from the script directory "/php/" for any "application/x-httpd-php" mime files.
8. Restart your Apache server.
2015-11-29, 96041👍, 6💬
Can I remove startup application "VirtualDrive.exe - CyberLink Virtual Drive" to speedup my computer...
What are Download Program Files (DPF) for Internet Explorer (IE) browser? Download Program Files (DP...
Can I disable Windows service "HTTP SSL" to speedup my computer? Windows service "HTTP SSL" - This s...
How to uninstall OpenOffice.org 2.2? If you want to uninstall OpenOffice.org 2.2, you should follow ...
I'm trying to upload pictures from my Samsung camera and Windows 8 keep saying "Something went wrong...