Configuring Apache to Use PHP as CGI on Windows Systems
How to configure Apache server to run PHP engine as CGI on Windows systems?
If you have followed our tutorials and got the Apache server installed and running, got the PHP engine installed and configured, you can now use this tutorial to configure the Apache server to run PHP engine as CGI to support PHP scripts.
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Assuming that your PHP engine is installed at C:\Program Files\php-5.2.0-Win32
3. Use "notepad" to open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation \Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf
4. Go to alias_module section and define a script directory call /php/ as:
<IfModule alias_module> ... ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/Program Files/php-5.2.0-Win32/" </IfModule>
5. Add an access control section for this directory as:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/php-5.2.0-Win32/"> AllowOverride None Options None Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory>
6. Go to mime_module section and define a mime type as:
<IfModule mime_module> ... AddType application/x-httpd-php .php </IfModule>
7. At the root level below the LoadModule section, define an "Action" entry:
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php-cgi.exe"
This "Action" entry tells Apache to run "php-cgi.exe" from the script directory "/php/" for any "application/x-httpd-php" mime files.
8. Restart your Apache server.
2015-11-29, 96729👍, 6💬
How to Verify Apache server configuration for PHP scripts support? If you have followed our Configur...
Splitting/Joining MPEG Files with mpgtx "mpgtx" offers a function to split a large MPEG file into sm...
How do I know what cookies a Website is sending to my computer? When you are visiting a Website, it ...
Can I remove startup application "atiptaxx.exe - ATI Desktop Control Panel" to speedup my computer a...
Windows Vista Security basics - Understanding security and safe computing - Update Windows automatic...