Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 33212👍, 1💬
What is "Software Protection" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Software Protection" service...
How to add a hyperlink to connect a keyword to another slide? I want to have clickable links to help...
How to uninstall Yahoo! Install Manager? If you want to remove Yahoo! Install Manager from your syst...
Can I disable Windows service "Network Provisioning Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service...
What is a DSL modem? A DSL modem is a device that is used to interface your computer and the DSL lin...