Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 34197👍, 1💬
Why don't my playlists work on my new computer? An entry in a playlist uses a "relative path" to ide...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 10? I want to learn how to use Windows 10 more efficiently....
What is the "Smart Card Device Enumeration Service (ScDeviceEnum)" system service on Windows Server ...
How to terminate a program that does not respond to its interface? Sometimes applications may encoun...
Where to find tutorials on managing Windows 7 scheduled tasks? Here is a collection of tutorials on ...