Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 29538👍, 1💬
How do I know which version of Internet Explorer (IE) is on my computer? If you want to know which v...
What to Do When HelpSvc.exe Is Running Out of Control - Using High CPU and Memory? If you find your ...
What is service "wudfsvc" and library "wudfsvc.dll" on Windows Vista? "wudfsvc" is a system service ...
Summary of suggested services settings for Windows XP Pro SP1 system - Part II Continue from Part I....
Can I disable Windows service "OracleMTSRecoveryServic e"to speedup my computer? Third party applica...