Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 32324👍, 1💬
How to remove GoogleToolbarNotifier.ex efrom startup program list? If you want to remove GoogleToolb...
What are wbxtra_*.wbt Temporary Files on my Windows 7 computer? Can I remove them? wbxtra_*.wbt Temp...
What are default Installed Programs on a Windows 7 Home Premium computer? If you are running a Windo...
What is the startup program "CyberLink Virtual Drive - VirtualDrive.exe" on my Windows 8 computer? C...
Can I disable Windows service "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" to speedup my computer? Windows serv...