Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 32888👍, 1💬
How to select your wireless connection during the Windows 7 system initial set up process? If you bo...
How to start sc.exe command to create, delete and manage Windows services? sc.exe is a command line ...
Why am I getting a blank page when running PHP scripts to access MySQL database? Assuming that you h...
UpdateUI.exe at startup ,how to remove it Actually, you should keep UpdaterUI.exe as a startup, beca...
How to remove WZQKPICK.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security...