Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 29647👍, 1💬
How to use sc.exe command to create a new service? If you want to create a new service, you can use ...
Extracting All Files from a ZIP File 1. Run WinZIP and select menu File > Open Archive. The "Open Ar...
Can I disable Windows service "Protected Storage" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Protected...
How to start sc.exe command to create, delete and manage Windows services? sc.exe is a command line ...
How to edit Mozilla FireFox configuration file? Mozilla FireFox has a configuration file that contro...