Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 31789👍, 1💬
How to remove tfswctrl.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security...
What are Download Program Files (DPF) for Internet Explorer (IE) 7 browser? Download Program Files (...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 8 Security? Here is a collection of tutorials on Windows 8 ...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 7 Security? Here is a collection of tutorials on Windows 7 ...
Why HelpSvc.exe Is Causing Windows XP to Stop Responding - Using High CPU and Memory? Many users hav...