Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 34005👍, 1💬
I get the message "cyberlink powercinema resident program has stopped working" on startup on my Dell...
Is MUWebControl Class a program to control your childrens' surfing the web? What it is exactly?
Can I remove startup application "DSentry.exe - Dell DVDSentry" to speedup my computer and reduce se...
What is the best way to remove programs from the startup application list? There are a number of way...
What is the installed program "Windows SDK Signing Tools" on my Windows 7 computer? Why it is not vi...