Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 33668👍, 1💬
How do I move my library to a new computer? You must perform multiple steps before and after moving ...
How to open a Web Archive (.mht or .mhtml) file correctly in Firefox browser? I converted a word doc...
Can I disable Windows service "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" to speedup my computer? Windows service ...
What are default Startup Programs on a Windows 7 Home Premium computer? If you are running a Windows...
What files are used by Windows Live Toolbar for Internet Explorer (IE) browser? How Alexa Toolbar is...