Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 34363👍, 1💬
.VOB File Name Extension - DVD Video Object Files .vob is the file name extension for DVD-Video Obje...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 7? I want to learn how to use Windows 7 more efficiently. H...
windows.fyicenter.com offers a large collection of tutorials and frequently asked questions on Windo...
This tutorial shows you how to boost performance by stopping and disabling unnecessary services on W...
Daylight saving time has been changed since March 2007 in US, Canada and Mexico. How do I update my ...