Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 33089👍, 1💬
Why am I getting this authentication failed message when adding my cell phone as a bluetooth device ...
What contents are stored in a Web Archive (.mht) file? When you convert a word document into a singl...
How to connect your computer to a wireless router? Here are the steps of how to connect your compute...
What is the HP computer registration process? If you bought a new HP computer and doing the initial ...
What is the file extension .VOB (DVD-Video Object or Versioned Object Base)? .VOB is the file extens...