Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 29837👍, 1💬
Can I remove startup application "Directcd.exe - Roxio DirectCD Application" to speedup my computer ...
Can I remove startup application "GoogleDesktop.exe - Google Desktop Search" to speedup my computer ...
Splitting/Joining MPEG Files with mpgtx "mpgtx" offers a function to split a large MPEG file into sm...
What is the difference between a Web page and a Single File Web Page? Word 2007 supports 2 Web page ...
How to add a password to stop other people opening my PowerPoint file? I want share a PowerPoint fil...