Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 29445👍, 1💬
How to remove WZQKPICK.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security...
I have a problem wiht the Drivers Video Card, I have a laptop HP dv6448se and the video card are a N...
How to uninstall OpenOffice.org 2.2? If you want to uninstall OpenOffice.org 2.2, you should follow ...
What is Apache server? Apache server is an open-source free Web server software that runs websites. ...
How to create your PHP configuration file, php.ini? If you have followed our Installing PHP Engine t...