Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 35224👍, 1💬
Can I disable Windows service "Network Provisioning Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service...
A collection of 24 tutorials on removing Windows startup programs to gain performance and reduce sec...
.MPG File Name Extension - MPEG Files mpg is the file name extension for files that stores audio and...
Can I disable Windows service "Spectrum24 Event Monitor" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Sp...
How To Download and Install Media Player Classic? If you are looking for a simple open source DVD pl...