Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 31059👍, 1💬
Can I remove startup application "BascsTray.exe - Broadcom Advanced Control Suite" to speedup my com...
How To Download and Install Media Player Classic? If you are looking for a simple open source DVD pl...
How to connect your computer to a DSL line? Here are the steps of how to connect your computer to th...
How to dump the list of all processes that are running on my Windows 7 system? I want save names of ...
How to connect your computer to a wireless router? Here are the steps of how to connect your compute...