Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 37739👍, 1💬
Can I disable Windows service "usnsvc.exe: Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" to speedup ...
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL? Assuming that you have your Apache server runn...
How to add ActiveX controls, like text command button, text box, check box, etc., to Presentation sl...
What is "IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "IKE and Auth...
What is BTStackServer.exe Process - Bluetooth Stack COM Server? Process BTStackServer.exe is the Blu...