Change ThinkPad Bluetooth Device Name on Windows 7
How do I change the Bluetooth device name on my ThinkPad Windows 7 computer? Currently, it has the same name as my computer name.
If you want to change the Bluetooth device name on your ThinkPad Windows 7 computer, you can use these steps:
1. Go to "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound" on your Windows 7 system.
2. Click on "Device Manager" and double-click on "Bluetooth Radio". You will see the default Bluetooth driver, "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator", and the ThinkPad Bluetooth driver, "ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0", showing up.
3. Double-click on "ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0". You will see the "ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 Properties" window showing up.
4. Click on the "Advanced" tab. Modify the name to: NEW_LAPTOP. You will see the default settings as listed below:
Radio Information Name: NEW_LAPTOP Address: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa Manufacturer Id: 15 HCI version 5.748. LMP version: 5.16899
5. Click "OK" to save the change.
See the picture below:
2012-02-21, 5276👍, 0💬
How to remove DSAgnt.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
How do I improve the touch sensitivity on my PC 1. Adjust the pen and touch settings in the Control ...
How to connect your computer to a wireless router? Here are the steps of how to connect your compute...
How to see all startup applications on your Window system? If you want see all startup applications ...
How to select your wireless connection during the Windows 7 system initial set up process? If you bo...