Change ThinkPad Bluetooth Device Name on Windows 7
How do I change the Bluetooth device name on my ThinkPad Windows 7 computer? Currently, it has the same name as my computer name.
If you want to change the Bluetooth device name on your ThinkPad Windows 7 computer, you can use these steps:
1. Go to "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound" on your Windows 7 system.
2. Click on "Device Manager" and double-click on "Bluetooth Radio". You will see the default Bluetooth driver, "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator", and the ThinkPad Bluetooth driver, "ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0", showing up.
3. Double-click on "ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0". You will see the "ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 Properties" window showing up.
4. Click on the "Advanced" tab. Modify the name to: NEW_LAPTOP. You will see the default settings as listed below:
Radio Information Name: NEW_LAPTOP Address: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa Manufacturer Id: 15 HCI version 5.748. LMP version: 5.16899
5. Click "OK" to save the change.
See the picture below:
2012-02-21, 5598👍, 0💬
What files are installed by Yahoo! Toolbar for Internet Explorer (IE) 7 browser? Whenever an Interne...
What is YInstStarter Class - Download Program Files (DPF)? YInstStarter Class is a Download Program ...
How do I copy the user ratings for my files to my new computer? You can ensure that the user ratings...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows Batch File? I want to learn everything about Windows Batch ...
How to set up Internet Explorer 8, or IE 8? After downloading Internet Explorer 8. or IE 8, you shou...