TV Tuner error messages
I can’t watch TV or recorded media in Windows Media Center, because I get a “Tuner not found” error. How do I fix this?
If you get the “Tuner not found” error, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the tuner driver. Note that you may need to check the website of the tuner’s manufacturer to obtain a driver.
1. From Start, type device manager to bring up Search, select Settings, and then select Device Manager from the results.
2. Press or click the arrow next to Sound, video, and game controllers to expand it.
3. Press and hold (or right-click) the Tuner device, and select Properties.
4. Select the Driver tab, and then select Uninstall. Follow the instructions to uninstall the driver.
5. The Tuner card may now be listed in the Device Manager under Other Devices. Press and hold (or right-click) the Tuner and select Update Driver Software.
6. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. If Windows Update is unable to locate a driver for your device, you will need to visit the website of the manufacturer of the TV Tuner card to find a driver.
After re-installing the tuner driver, you will need to go through the Windows Media Center first-run setup to migrate settings.
2012-10-29, 3941👍, 0💬
What Is the VIDEO_TS Folder or Directory on a DVD-Video (Movie) Disc? On a DVD-Video disc, usually a...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows Server 2008? I want to learn how to use Windows Server 2008...
Removing Trojan Vundo with FixVundo.exe from Symantec 1. Downloaded FixVundo.exe from http://securit...
What files are used by Windows Live Toolbar for Internet Explorer (IE) browser? How Alexa Toolbar is...
How to download and install JDK (Java SE Development Kit) 6? If you want to download and install JDK...