Booting Windows 8 Enterprise
My hard drive recently overheated, so I bought a new one. Now Windows 8 Enterprise won't boot after install. I know what my problem is and I know the only two solutions. But I don't know how to perform them. For this to work I would need to do one of two things:
1) Boot from the ExpressCache SSD on my motherboard (Where Windows 8 saves its boot loader)
2) Move the boot loader to a certain place on my hard drive
My problem with #1 is that the ExpressCache SSD does not appear in my boot menu, so I can't boot from it at the moment. My problem with #2 is that I don't know where to put the boot loader, so my system would boot from it.
Samsung Series 7 Chronos
8GB RAM (4GB removable and 4GB on board)
1TB Hard Drive
Original Operating System: Windows 8
EDIT: My system was refurbished, so some on-line specs might be inaccurate
You might try booting from your installation disk and selecting REPAIR... Follow the prompts, and you should get an option of Boot or Startup Repair...
Or... try this.
1. Put the Windows installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
7. Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.
8. Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.
9. Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.
2013-12-13, 2513👍, 0💬
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 7 Installed Programs and software? Here is a collection of ...
What is MUWebControl Class - Download Program Files (DPF)? MUWebControl Class is a Download Program ...
What is the startup program "Alps Pointing Device Driver - Apoint.exe" on my Windows 8 computer? Can...
How to restore Bluetooth icon in the taskbar (system tray) on Windows 7? I removed it by a mistake. ...
What is "McAfee Security Scan Component Host Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "McAf...