Start/Stop Services with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to start or stop services with Task Manager on Windows 8?
You can start or stop a service with Task Manager on Windows 8 using these steps:
1. Enter "taskmgr.exe" in the Start button search box. Then right-click "taskmgr.exe" in the suggested match list.
2. Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. You will see the "Task Manager" window.
3. Click the "Services" tab. Then scroll up and down to select the service you are interested in, for example, "Spooler"
4. Right-click "Services". Then select "Start service" or "Stop service" from the context menu. The service will be started or stopped.
If you get an error message of "The operation could not be completed - Access is denied.", you are not running Task Manager as an administrator. Restart with step 1 and 2 correctly.
4. The picture below shows you how to start "Spooler" service with Task Manger:
2016-12-15, 2827👍, 0💬
Where to find tutorials as Introduction to Internet Explorer (IE). Here is a list of tutorials to an...
How to remove realsched.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce securit...
Can I remove startup application "DVDLauncher.exe - CyberLink PowerCinema Resident Program" to speed...
What are the commonly used background processes on Windows systems? - Part II Continue from Part I. ...
What is the scheduled task "\Microsoft\Windows\NetC fg\BindingWorkItemQueueH andler"on my Windows 8 c...