Start/Stop Services with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to start or stop services with Task Manager on Windows 8?
You can start or stop a service with Task Manager on Windows 8 using these steps:
1. Enter "taskmgr.exe" in the Start button search box. Then right-click "taskmgr.exe" in the suggested match list.
2. Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. You will see the "Task Manager" window.
3. Click the "Services" tab. Then scroll up and down to select the service you are interested in, for example, "Spooler"
4. Right-click "Services". Then select "Start service" or "Stop service" from the context menu. The service will be started or stopped.
If you get an error message of "The operation could not be completed - Access is denied.", you are not running Task Manager as an administrator. Restart with step 1 and 2 correctly.
4. The picture below shows you how to start "Spooler" service with Task Manger:
2016-12-15, 1796👍, 0💬
How do I display the total amount of time required to play all of the songs in my library? To view "...
Can I disable Windows service "hpqwmiex.exe - HP ProtectTools security manager" to speedup my comput...
How to remove ssdiag.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
What happens if you entered the wrong Passkey on your cell phone? If the Passkey you entered on your...
What is wrong if you get an execution error: "The procedure entry point _zval_dtor could not be loca...