Start/Stop Services with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to start or stop services with Task Manager on Windows 8?
You can start or stop a service with Task Manager on Windows 8 using these steps:
1. Enter "taskmgr.exe" in the Start button search box. Then right-click "taskmgr.exe" in the suggested match list.
2. Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. You will see the "Task Manager" window.
3. Click the "Services" tab. Then scroll up and down to select the service you are interested in, for example, "Spooler"
4. Right-click "Services". Then select "Start service" or "Stop service" from the context menu. The service will be started or stopped.
If you get an error message of "The operation could not be completed - Access is denied.", you are not running Task Manager as an administrator. Restart with step 1 and 2 correctly.
4. The picture below shows you how to start "Spooler" service with Task Manger:
2016-12-15, 441👍, 0💬
How do I copy the user ratings for my files to my new computer? You can ensure that the user ratings...
How to add comments on slides? I am reviewing someone else's presentation and I want to add some com...
Can I remove startup application "reader_sl.exe - Adobe Acrobat Reader Speed Launch" to speedup my c...
How to setup a HP laptop computer? I want to buy the new HP laptop computer on sale at Best Buy for ...
What is "SMS Task Sequence Agent" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "SMS Task Sequence Agent"...