What Is Task Manager on Windows 8?
What is Task Manager on Windows 8? What can I do with Task Manager?
Task Manager on Windows 8 is a system process (task) management tool. It allows you to see and manage:
1. Processes - Shows a complete list of processes resulted from running applications and background service jobs. You can click the "End task" button to terminate any processes.
2. Performance - Shows usage diagrams on CPU, memory and disks.
3. App history - Shows a list of applications that was used in the past with some history information.
4. Startup - Shows a list of all startup programs, which are automatically launched when you start your computer. This list includes both enabled and disabled startup programs. If a startup program is disabled, it will not be launched at the system startup time any more in the future.
5. Users - Shows a list of users that are currently logged on the system. You can click the "Disconnect" button to terminate any user sessions.
6. Details - Shows a complete list of processes resulted from running applications and background service jobs with more detailed information. You can click the "End task" button to terminate any processes.
7. Services - Shows a list of all services that are defined on the system. This list includes both running and stopped services. Note that multiple services could be hosted by a single shared process.
The following picture shows you an example of Task Manager performance screen on Windows 8:
2016-12-30, 335👍, 0💬
How to remove ApacheMonitor.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce sec...
How to create your PHP configuration file, php.ini? If you have followed our Installing PHP Engine t...
Can I disable Windows service "PCAngel.exe - PC Angel" to speedup my computer? Windows service "PCAn...
How to add a password to stop other people editing my PowerPoint file? I want share a PowerPoint fil...
What is a DSL modem? A DSL modem is a device that is used to interface your computer and the DSL lin...