Steps of Setting Up HP Computer with Windows 7
How to setup a HP laptop computer? I want to buy the new HP laptop computer on sale at Best Buy for about $500.00. But the salesman told me that it requires the initial system setup done by the technician at the store, which would cost about $150.00. How can I do the initial system setup by myself?
Yes, you can easily set up your new HP laptop with Windows 7 in less than 1 hour. Here are the main steps:
1. Preparation - Just connect your laptop to a power outlet. You don't need any system CD. The Windows system is already stored on the hard disk in your laptop.
2. Power on - Press the power button to turn on the computer. The computer will boot up by itself and going through some initial preparation steps with these messages: "Starting windows", "Set up is preparing for the first time use", "Setup is check video performance", ...
3. Select system language. See the next tutorial for details.
4. Select localization options. See the next tutorial for details.
5. Enter computer name and user name. See the next tutorial for details.
6. Accept license agreements. See the next tutorial for details.
7. Select Window auto update option. See the next tutorial for details.
8. Adjust system clock and time. See the next tutorial for details.
9. Network configuration. See the next tutorial for details.
10. Computer reboot. After asking above questions, the computer will reboot by itself with these messages: "Setup will continue after computer restart", "Starting windows", "Setup is preparing the computer for the first time", ...
11. Preparing desktop. After network configuration, the computer will prepare the desktop with this message: "Preparing your desktop".
12. Software Installation. The system is ready. Now the computer will install HP software. This is the longest step in the setup process. It takes about 25 minutes.
13. Computer reboot. After installing HP software,
the computer will reboot by itself with the
"WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HP COMPUTER" screen.
Click the GO button.
14. Registration. See the next tutorial for details.
Congratulations! Your computer system set up process has been completed now.
2009-12-14, 19658👍, 0💬
How to remove realsched.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce securit...
How to add a hyperlink to connect a keyword to another slide? I want to have clickable links to help...
Removing Trojan Vundo with FixVundo.exe from Symantec 1. Downloaded FixVundo.exe from http://securit...
Can I remove startup application "UpdaterUI.exe - Networks Associates Common User Interface" to spee...
How to remove issch.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security ri...