Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 30841👍, 1💬
Using Columnar as the layout for a form as shown in the previous tutorial is good to enter new recor...
What is shdocvw.dll DLL file - Shell Doc Object and Control Library? DLL shdocvw.dll is the Microsof...
What is wrong if you get an execution error: "The procedure entry point _zval_dtor could not be loca...
How to install Mozilla FireFox 2? If you followed our "Download FireFox 2 tutorial", you can read th...
How to configure Apache server to run PHP engine as CGI on Windows systems? If you have followed our...