Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 32772👍, 1💬
How to view services with the System Configuration tool "msconfig.exe" on Windows 7? System Configur...
Can I disable Windows service "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 7? I want to learn how to use Windows 7 more efficiently. H...
How to remove ssdiag.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
Can I disable Windows service "Protected Storage" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Protected...