Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 35166👍, 1💬
Can I disable Windows service "OracleXEClrAgent" to speedup my computer? Third party application ser...
I have a field in a MS Access form that is a foreign key pointing to another table. Can I use a comb...
What is smss.exe process - Windows NT Session Manager? Process smss.exe is part of Windows system. I...
How to remove DSAgnt.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
This tutorial shows you how to boost performance by stopping and disabling unnecessary services on W...