Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 33410👍, 1💬
How do I move my library to a new computer? You must perform multiple steps before and after moving ...
What is AccelerometerSt.exe process - Hp Accelerometer System Tray? Process AccelerometerSt.exe is t...
Can I remove startup application "msmsgs.exe - Microsoft Messenger" to speedup my computer and reduc...
How to remove YahooMessenger.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce se...
If you are using a wireless router to connecting to the Internet through a DSL modem, how many IP ad...