Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 32564👍, 1💬
What is "Interactive Services Detection" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Interactive Servi...
How to use sc.exe command to delete an existing service? If you want to delete a service created by ...
What is realsched.exe process - Real Player RealNetworks Scheduler? Process realsched.exe is a backg...
What is Windows XP Services Management Console? Windows XP Services Management Console is a system a...
Why am I getting this authentication failed message when adding my cell phone as a bluetooth device ...