Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 38476👍, 1💬
How programs are added to the startup application list? There are 3 main ways in which programs are ...
What is realsched.exe process - Real Player RealNetworks Scheduler? Process realsched.exe is a backg...
What is "IP Helper" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "IP Helper" service related to iphlpsvc...
Can I remove startup application "issch.exe - InstallShield Update Service Scheduler" to speedup my ...
How to remove VSAdd-in.dll and VSAdd-in toolbar? If you want to remove VSAdd-in toolbar from your IE...