Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 34793👍, 1💬
What are the commonly used background processes on Windows systems? A background process is a progra...
Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to windows all user install agent ...
What is "SMS Agent Host" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "SMS Agent Host" service related t...
What is Scheduler.exe - Process - HP Backup Scheduler? Process Scheduler.exe is the backup scheduler...
How to start and stop a Windows XP service? If you want to start or stop a Windows service, you can ...