Uninstall Installed Software and Programs on Windows 8
How to uninstall an installed software and programs on my Windows 8 system? I want to get rid of that software from my computer.
If a software or program has been installed on your Windows 8 computer and you want to get rid of it, you can use the Control Panel as described in this tutorial to uninstall it:
1. Press "Windows-R" key and enter "Control Panel" menu. You see the Control Panel screen showing up.
2. Click the "Uninstall a program" link in the "Programs" section. You see the "Uninstall or change a program" screen showing up with all installed software and programs listed.
3. Scroll down on the list to locate and select the software or program you want to uninstall, for example, "Amazon Browser App".
4. Click the "Uninstall" command above the program list. The selected software will be executed to run its own uninstallation process.
5. Follow instructions given by the software's uninstallation process to finish it.
Note that this approach may not the safest way to uninstall a malware (malicious software, including adware, spyware, virus, etc.), because Windows actually executes the malware and expects the malware to properly uninstall itself. The malware may actually fake the uninstallation process and hide it somewhere else.
If you are sure the installed software or program is a malware, do not use control panel to uninstall it. Please use an anti-virus software to remote it.
2017-12-11, 781👍, 0💬
I get the message "cyberlink powercinema resident program has stopped working" on startup on my Dell...
.VOB File Name Extension - DVD Video Object Files .vob is the file name extension for DVD-Video Obje...
What is the startup program "QuickSet MFC Application - quickset.exe" on my Windows 8 computer? Can ...
Can I disable Windows service "Smart Card Helper" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Smart Car...
How to add a password to stop other people opening my PowerPoint file? I want share a PowerPoint fil...