Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 38016👍, 1💬
How set up "live tv" in Windows Media Center on Windows 7? If you have TV tuner installed on your co...
What is "Office Software Protection Platform" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Office Softw...
What is AcroIEHelper.dll - DLL file - Adobe Acrobat IE Helper Version 6.0 for ActivieX? DLL AcroIEHe...
What is "User Profile Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "User Profile Service" servi...
Can I disable Windows service "DCOM Server Process Launcher" to speedup my computer? Windows service...