Moving Music Player Library to Another Computer
Can I move my Music Player Library from my old computer to my new computer? I have a lots of music folders linked to the Music Player Library.
No. You can not move or copy the Music Player Library from one computer to another computer.
Here is the explanation from Microsoft: "The Player Library is a database that includes links to the digital media files on your computer. Among other reasons, you can't move the Player Library from one computer to another because the links in the database would no longer be correct."
That's a design issue in Windows Media Player 12.
So you have to manually rebuild your Music Player Library on the new computer using these steps:
1. Copy all music folders from the old computer to the new computer. Make sure that they going to the same drive and folder locations on the new computer.
2. Copy all playlists from the old computer to the new computer in the C:\Users\userid\Music\Playlists folder.
3. Relink all music folders to the Music Player Library on the new computer.
4. Let Windows Media Player 12 on the new computer to update the the library with those folders.
5. Restart Windows Media Player 12 to enjoy your new Music Player Library.
2014-04-26, 5910👍, 0💬
How to disable Problem Reports and Solutions? Problem Reports and Solutions is a nice feature of Win...
How to configure your system for DSL Internet connection? Once your DSL modem is connected to your s...
What is "IP Helper" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "IP Helper" service related to iphlpsvc...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows Server 2008? I want to learn how to use Windows Server 2008...
Where are Apache server log files located? If you have followed our Apache Server Installation tutor...