Moving Music Player Library to Another Computer
Can I move my Music Player Library from my old computer to my new computer? I have a lots of music folders linked to the Music Player Library.
No. You can not move or copy the Music Player Library from one computer to another computer.
Here is the explanation from Microsoft: "The Player Library is a database that includes links to the digital media files on your computer. Among other reasons, you can't move the Player Library from one computer to another because the links in the database would no longer be correct."
That's a design issue in Windows Media Player 12.
So you have to manually rebuild your Music Player Library on the new computer using these steps:
1. Copy all music folders from the old computer to the new computer. Make sure that they going to the same drive and folder locations on the new computer.
2. Copy all playlists from the old computer to the new computer in the C:\Users\userid\Music\Playlists folder.
3. Relink all music folders to the Music Player Library on the new computer.
4. Let Windows Media Player 12 on the new computer to update the the library with those folders.
5. Restart Windows Media Player 12 to enjoy your new Music Player Library.
2014-04-26, 4533👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Network Provisioning Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service...
What is "UPnP Device Host" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "UPnP Device Host" service relat...
I have created a table in MS Access. How do I create a form to help enter data into the table? Assum...
How to add a password to stop other people opening my PowerPoint file? I want share a PowerPoint fil...
A collection of 7 tutorials on Internet connections with wireless routers covering: What are require...