Moving Music Player Library to Another Computer
Can I move my Music Player Library from my old computer to my new computer? I have a lots of music folders linked to the Music Player Library.
No. You can not move or copy the Music Player Library from one computer to another computer.
Here is the explanation from Microsoft: "The Player Library is a database that includes links to the digital media files on your computer. Among other reasons, you can't move the Player Library from one computer to another because the links in the database would no longer be correct."
That's a design issue in Windows Media Player 12.
So you have to manually rebuild your Music Player Library on the new computer using these steps:
1. Copy all music folders from the old computer to the new computer. Make sure that they going to the same drive and folder locations on the new computer.
2. Copy all playlists from the old computer to the new computer in the C:\Users\userid\Music\Playlists folder.
3. Relink all music folders to the Music Player Library on the new computer.
4. Let Windows Media Player 12 on the new computer to update the the library with those folders.
5. Restart Windows Media Player 12 to enjoy your new Music Player Library.
2014-04-26, 5582👍, 0💬
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show view? I have created a macro that displ...
How to select your wireless connection during the Windows 7 system initial set up process? If you bo...
How to setup a HP laptop computer? I want to buy the new HP laptop computer on sale at Best Buy for ...
Why HelpSvc.exe Is Causing Windows XP to Stop Responding - Using High CPU and Memory? Many users hav...
What is CLI.exe - Process - ATI CLI Application (Command Line Interface)? Process CLI.exe is the ATI...