Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 867👍, 0💬
How to verify if your system is connected to the Internet? Windows system has two commands "ipconfig...
What are the commonly used background processes on Windows systems? A background process is a progra...
Can I remove startup application "WZQKPICK.exe - WinZip Quick Pick" to speedup my computer and reduc...
What is "Microsoft SharePoint Workspace Audit Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Mic...
How to install Apache server on Windows systems? If you followed our downloading Apache server tutor...