Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 603👍, 0💬
How do I improve the touch sensitivity on my PC 1. Adjust the pen and touch settings in the Control ...
Can I remove startup application "exec.exe - NetZero Search Enhancements" to speedup my computer and...
What happens if you entered the wrong Passkey on your cell phone? If the Passkey you entered on your...
How set up "live tv" in Windows Media Center on Windows 7? If you have TV tuner installed on your co...
Why do I have to keep reinstalling Microsoft Solitaire Collection that came with my HP lapto, Window...