Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 578👍, 0💬
What are Exploit-ObscuredHtml Trojan Web Pages? If you have McAfee VirusScan installed, sometimes yo...
What is "Lenovo Camera Mute" in a service on Lenovo laptop computer that supports the camera on/off ...
Can I disable Windows service "ASP.NET State Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service "ASP.N...
Can I disable Windows service "Network DDE" to speedup my computer? Microsoft application service "N...
What is QLBCTRL.exe - Process - QLB Controller? Process QLBCTRL.exe is the QLB (Quick Launch Button)...