Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 282👍, 0💬
What is Apache server? Apache server is an open-source free Web server software that runs websites. ...
What are default Startup Programs on a Windows 7 Home Premium computer? If you are running a Windows...
.MPG File Name Extension - MPEG Files mpg is the file name extension for files that stores audio and...
What is HPQTOA~1.EXE or HPQToaster.exe - Process - HpqToaster Module? Process HPQTOA~1.EXE or HPQToa...
What is Microsoft Research Extra Toolbar Button and Extra Tools Menu Item for Internet Explorer (IE)...