Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 822👍, 0💬
How to remove jusched.exe from startup program list? jusched.exe is a background process from Sun to...
Can I disable Windows service "Network Associates Task Manager" to speedup my computer? Third party ...
What is "ASP.NET State Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "ASP.NET State Service" ser...
What is "CNG Key Isolation" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "CNG Key Isolation" service rel...
Why am I getting a blank page when running PHP scripts to access MySQL database? Assuming that you h...