Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 245👍, 0💬
How to download PHP engine for Windows systems? If you are interested in downloading a copy of PHP e...
Can I remove startup application "realsched.exe - Real Player RealNetworks Scheduler" to speedup my ...
Can I remove startup application "msmsgs.exe - Microsoft Messenger" to speedup my computer and reduc...
Can I disable Windows service "Google Updater Service" to speedup my computer? GoogleUpdaterService....
What is shdocvw.dll DLL file - Shell Doc Object and Control Library? DLL shdocvw.dll is the Microsof...