Turn on "Network Discovery" on Windows 10
How to turn "Network Discovery" on my Windows 10 computer?
The "Network Discovery" function allows you to see other computers on the network and also makes your computer visible to other computers.
Here is how to turn on "Network Discovery" function based on the type of Internet connections:
1. Go to "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center". You see your current Internet connection status.
2. Take note on the type of network connection. For example, the diagram below shows that you are connected as a "Public network".
3. Click on "Change advanced sharing settings" from the left menu. You see the sharing options for each network profile (or type).
4. Click to open the "Guest or Public" section.
5. Click to turn on "Turn on network discovery" under the "Network discovery" section:
Network discovery When network discovery is on, this computer can see other network computers and devices and is visible to other network computers. [x] Turn on network discovery [ ] Turn off network discovery
6. Click "Save changes".
Now your computer and other computers on the local network can see each other now.
For security consideration, you should consider configure your home Wi-Fi as "Private" and other Wi-Fi as "Public". Then you can turn on network discovery for your "Private" home Wi-Fi connection only.
2019-10-26, 2389👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Portable Media Serial Number" to speedup my computer? Windows service...
Can I disable Windows service "Apache Tomcat" to speedup my computer? Third party service "Apache To...
How to connect your computer to a wireless router? Here are the steps of how to connect your compute...
How to configure PHP execution environments? If you followed our Downloading PHP Engine tutorial, yo...
How to terminate a program that does not respond to its interface? Sometimes applications may encoun...