Authentication Failed When Adding Bluetooth Device
Why am I getting this authentication failed message when adding my cell phone as a bluetooth device on my Windows 7 system?
If your are getting the authentication error when adding Bluetooth device, it is most likely that you entered an incorrect paring code on the Bluetooth device as shown in this tutorial:
1. Remove the Bluetooth connection to your cell phone as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Go to "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers". and click "Add a device". You will see your cell phone, "MYPHONE", is displayed as a device ready to connect.
3. Double click on "MYPHONE". You will see a pairing code, 90651445, generated for the connect.
4. Go to your cell phone and enter a wrong code like, 54415609.
5. Come back to your Windows 7 system. You will see an error screen with this message:
Adding this device to this computer failed Adding this device failed because of an authentication error. This might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code. Try adding again using the correct pairing code for the device. You might need to refer to your device's documentation for details. Check your device's documentation for see if you need to first install special software or security certificates. Check for any firmware or software updates for your device.
See the picture below:
2021-07-02, 43980👍, 6💬
What is Shockware Flash Object - Download Program Files (DPF)? Shockware Flash Object is a Download ...
Can I disable Windows service "OracleServiceXE" to speedup my computer? Third party application serv...
What is "WLAN AutoConfig" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "WLAN AutoConfig" service related...
How to configure your system for Wireless Internet connection? Once your wireless router is connecte...
Whenever I try to open the mail app I get a white screen with a grey banner that says Mail Can't Ope...