Authentication Failed When Adding Bluetooth Device
Why am I getting this authentication failed message when adding my cell phone as a bluetooth device on my Windows 7 system?
If your are getting the authentication error when adding Bluetooth device, it is most likely that you entered an incorrect paring code on the Bluetooth device as shown in this tutorial:
1. Remove the Bluetooth connection to your cell phone as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Go to "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers". and click "Add a device". You will see your cell phone, "MYPHONE", is displayed as a device ready to connect.
3. Double click on "MYPHONE". You will see a pairing code, 90651445, generated for the connect.
4. Go to your cell phone and enter a wrong code like, 54415609.
5. Come back to your Windows 7 system. You will see an error screen with this message:
Adding this device to this computer failed Adding this device failed because of an authentication error. This might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code. Try adding again using the correct pairing code for the device. You might need to refer to your device's documentation for details. Check your device's documentation for see if you need to first install special software or security certificates. Check for any firmware or software updates for your device.
See the picture below:
2013-09-25, 34676👍, 4💬
How to download Mozilla FireFox 2? If you want to try Mozilla FireFox 2, you can follow this tutoria...
How to unblock a publisher? 1. Open Internet Explorer. 2. Click the Tools button, and then click Int...
Can I disable Windows service "Apache Tomcat" to speedup my computer? Third party service "Apache To...
How to remove QLBCTRL.exe from startup program list? If you want to remove QLBCTRL.exe from the star...
How to verify if your system is connected to the wireless network? Windows system has two commands "...