Pairing Failed If Wrong Passkey Is Entered
What happens if you entered the wrong Passkey on your cell phone?
If the Passkey you entered on your cell phone does not match the one generated or entered on your laptop, you Bluetooth connection will fail with errors show on both devices.
1. Turn on "Bluetooth" on your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Turn on "Bluetooth" radio on your Windows XP laptop as shown in the previous tutorial.
3. Double click on "My Bluetooth Places" on the desktop and click "Search for devices in range".
4. Double click on "MYPHONE" Bluetooth icon and wait for the PIN code, 442912, to show up.
5. As the same time, your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone will show a prompt: "Passkey to: MYLAPTOP"
6. Enter the PIN code, 219244, and press "Pair" on the cell phone.
On your laptop, the "Bluetooth Security Setup" program displays an error message:
Pairing failed An error occurred during the pairing process with MYPHONE. Verify that the device is discoverable and then click Try Again.
See the picture below:
2012-01-17, 10425👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Intel NCS NetService" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Intel ...
How to remove CLI.exe from startup program list? CLI.exe is a configuration program for the ATI grap...
What is "ASP.NET State Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "ASP.NET State Service" ser...
How to use sc.exe command to start and stop an existing service? If you want to start or stop a serv...
A collection of 39 tutorials on understanding and managing Windows startup programs: What is a start...