Pairing Failed If Wrong Passkey Is Entered
What happens if you entered the wrong Passkey on your cell phone?
If the Passkey you entered on your cell phone does not match the one generated or entered on your laptop, you Bluetooth connection will fail with errors show on both devices.
1. Turn on "Bluetooth" on your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Turn on "Bluetooth" radio on your Windows XP laptop as shown in the previous tutorial.
3. Double click on "My Bluetooth Places" on the desktop and click "Search for devices in range".
4. Double click on "MYPHONE" Bluetooth icon and wait for the PIN code, 442912, to show up.
5. As the same time, your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone will show a prompt: "Passkey to: MYLAPTOP"
6. Enter the PIN code, 219244, and press "Pair" on the cell phone.
On your laptop, the "Bluetooth Security Setup" program displays an error message:
Pairing failed An error occurred during the pairing process with MYPHONE. Verify that the device is discoverable and then click Try Again.
See the picture below:
2012-01-17, 10303👍, 0💬
What is the best way to remove programs from the startup application list? There are a number of way...
How to remove reader_sl.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce securit...
How to view services with the System Configuration tool "msconfig.exe" on Windows 7? System Configur...
What is "SMS Agent Host" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "SMS Agent Host" service related t...
What is Windows Live Toolbar for Internet Explorer (IE) browser? Windows Live Toolbar offers some ni...