Pairing Failed If Wrong Passkey Is Entered
What happens if you entered the wrong Passkey on your cell phone?
If the Passkey you entered on your cell phone does not match the one generated or entered on your laptop, you Bluetooth connection will fail with errors show on both devices.
1. Turn on "Bluetooth" on your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Turn on "Bluetooth" radio on your Windows XP laptop as shown in the previous tutorial.
3. Double click on "My Bluetooth Places" on the desktop and click "Search for devices in range".
4. Double click on "MYPHONE" Bluetooth icon and wait for the PIN code, 442912, to show up.
5. As the same time, your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone will show a prompt: "Passkey to: MYLAPTOP"
6. Enter the PIN code, 219244, and press "Pair" on the cell phone.
On your laptop, the "Bluetooth Security Setup" program displays an error message:
Pairing failed An error occurred during the pairing process with MYPHONE. Verify that the device is discoverable and then click Try Again.
See the picture below:
â‡‘â‡‘ Bluetooth Tutorials
2012-01-17, 12406👍, 0💬
Can I disable Windows service "Distributed Link Tracking Client" to speedup my computer? Windows ser...
How to verify if your system is connected to the wireless network? Windows system has two commands "...
Why HelpSvc.exe Is Causing Windows XP to Stop Responding - Using High CPU and Memory? Many users hav...
How to see all startup applications on your Window system? If you want see all startup applications ...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows Server 2008? I want to learn how to use Windows Server 2008...