Pairing Failed If Wrong Passkey Is Entered
What happens if you entered the wrong Passkey on your cell phone?
If the Passkey you entered on your cell phone does not match the one generated or entered on your laptop, you Bluetooth connection will fail with errors show on both devices.
1. Turn on "Bluetooth" on your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Turn on "Bluetooth" radio on your Windows XP laptop as shown in the previous tutorial.
3. Double click on "My Bluetooth Places" on the desktop and click "Search for devices in range".
4. Double click on "MYPHONE" Bluetooth icon and wait for the PIN code, 442912, to show up.
5. As the same time, your Samsung SGH-A777 cell phone will show a prompt: "Passkey to: MYLAPTOP"
6. Enter the PIN code, 219244, and press "Pair" on the cell phone.
On your laptop, the "Bluetooth Security Setup" program displays an error message:
Pairing failed An error occurred during the pairing process with MYPHONE. Verify that the device is discoverable and then click Try Again.
See the picture below:
â‡‘â‡‘ Bluetooth Tutorials
2012-01-17, 11800👍, 0💬
How to start sc.exe command to create, delete and manage Windows services? sc.exe is a command line ...
Where to find tutorials on using Windows 8 Security? Here is a collection of tutorials on Windows 8 ...
I have created a table in MS Access. How do I create a form to help enter data into the table? Assum...
What is smss.exe process - Windows NT Session Manager? Process smss.exe is part of Windows system. I...
What is "Software Protection" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Software Protection" service...