Restoring Windows 7 System Image from Control Panel
How to restore a System Image on my Windows 7 computer? I can boot my computer and the control panel is accessible.
If your computer system is infected by a spamware, but it still usable, you can restore the system from a system image using the control panel.
Note that restoring your computer from a system image will erase all changes you have made on your computer after you created that system image.
1. Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\Advanced Recovery Methods" You see the "Advanced Recovery Methods" screen:
Choose an advanced recovery method After you have chosen a method, you'll have the opportunity to back up your files, such as documents, pictures, and music. Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer If you have created a system image, you can use it to replace everything on this computer, including Windows, your programs, and all your files, with the information saved on the system image. Reinstall Windows (requires Windows installation disc) This option will reinstall Windows on your computer. Afterward, you can restore your files from a backup. Any programs you've installed will need to be reinstalled using the original installation discs or files. Existing files might remain in the Windows.old folder on your hard disc after the reinstall complete.
2. Click "Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer". You will see the "Do you want to back up your files" screen.
3. Click "Skip" if you don't need to backup any files from the hard drive.
4. Connect your external hard drive which has the system image to the computer.
5. Click "Restart". The computer will restart and restore the system from the system image. Just follow its instructions.
2012-02-09, 4616👍, 0💬
What is HelpHost.exe - Microsoft Help Center Hosting Server? HelpHost.exe is the executable binary f...
Can I disable Windows service "Apache Tomcat" to speedup my computer? Third party service "Apache To...
How to terminate a program that does not respond to its interface? Sometimes applications may encoun...
How to increase the remote login limit on Windows 10? By default, Windows 10 only allows 1 remote lo...
Using Columnar as the layout for a form as shown in the previous tutorial is good to enter new recor...