Restoring Windows 7 System Image from Control Panel
How to restore a System Image on my Windows 7 computer? I can boot my computer and the control panel is accessible.
If your computer system is infected by a spamware, but it still usable, you can restore the system from a system image using the control panel.
Note that restoring your computer from a system image will erase all changes you have made on your computer after you created that system image.
1. Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\Advanced Recovery Methods" You see the "Advanced Recovery Methods" screen:
Choose an advanced recovery method After you have chosen a method, you'll have the opportunity to back up your files, such as documents, pictures, and music. Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer If you have created a system image, you can use it to replace everything on this computer, including Windows, your programs, and all your files, with the information saved on the system image. Reinstall Windows (requires Windows installation disc) This option will reinstall Windows on your computer. Afterward, you can restore your files from a backup. Any programs you've installed will need to be reinstalled using the original installation discs or files. Existing files might remain in the Windows.old folder on your hard disc after the reinstall complete.
2. Click "Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer". You will see the "Do you want to back up your files" screen.
3. Click "Skip" if you don't need to backup any files from the hard drive.
4. Connect your external hard drive which has the system image to the computer.
5. Click "Restart". The computer will restart and restore the system from the system image. Just follow its instructions.
2012-02-09, 4360👍, 0💬
What is service "wuauserv" and library "wuauserv.dll" on Windows Vista? "wuauserv" is a system servi...
How to download and install JDK (Java SE Development Kit) 6? If you want to download and install JDK...
How to configure Apache server to run PHP engine as a loaded module on Windows systems? If you have ...
How to remove reader_sl.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce securit...
Whenever I try to open the mail app I get a white screen with a grey banner that says Mail Can't Ope...