Allow Others to Find the Bluetooth Device on Windows 7
How to allow other Bluetooth devices to find my Bluetooth device on your Windows 7 computer?
If you want other Bluetooth devices like a cell phone to find the Bluetooth device on your Windows 7 computer, you need changing your Bluetooth settings using these steps:
1. Turn on the Bluetooth radio on your computer using instructions provided in the previous tutorial.
2. Right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar (system tray) and select the "Open Settings" command. You will see the "Bluetooth Settings" window showing up:
3. Click the "Options" tab and review the settings listed below:
Discovery [x] Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer Warning: To protect your privacy, select this check box only when you want a Bluetooth device to find this computer. Connections [x] Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer [x] Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect [x] Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area
4. Check the checkbox on "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer".
5. Click "OK" to save the change.
2012-02-13, 5264👍, 0💬
What is the startup program "Intel Graphics Accelerator Helper - igfxtray.exe" on my Windows 8 compu...
What is a startup application on your Windows system? A startup application is a software applicatio...
What is "Software Protection" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Software Protection" service...
What is "SPP Notification Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "SPP Notification Servic...
Can I disable Windows service "Protected Storage" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Protected...