Creating Windows 7 System Image
How to create a System Image for my Windows 7 computer?
If you bought a new Windows 7 computer with some nice software pre-installed on the computer, you should create a system image on an external hard disc in case your internal hard disc fails.
1. Connect your external hard disc drive to your Windows 7 computer.
2. Go to "Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore".
3. Click on "Create a system image" from the left pane. You will see the "Create a system image" window showing up with these message:
Where do you want to save the backup? A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be used to restore your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stops working; however, you can't choose individual items to restore.
4. Select the "On a hard disk" option where your external hard drive is listed.
5. Click "Next" to start creating the system image.
The size of the system image file is the size of all system files and personal files on your internal hard disk. It is usually much larger on the size of a CD or DVD. If you choose to create a system image on the CD/DVD drive, you need to prepare for a number of disks.
2012-02-08, 3068👍, 0💬
How to configure your system for DSL Internet connection? Once your DSL modem is connected to your s...
Can I remove startup application "PRONoMgr.exe - PRONotifyMgr Module" to speedup my computer and red...
How to see all startup applications on your Window system? If you want see all startup applications ...
What is msntb.dll - DLL file - Windows Live Toolbar for Internet Explorer? DLL msntb.dll is installe...
How to remove quickset.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security...