Creating Windows 7 System Image
How to create a System Image for my Windows 7 computer?
If you bought a new Windows 7 computer with some nice software pre-installed on the computer, you should create a system image on an external hard disc in case your internal hard disc fails.
1. Connect your external hard disc drive to your Windows 7 computer.
2. Go to "Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore".
3. Click on "Create a system image" from the left pane. You will see the "Create a system image" window showing up with these message:
Where do you want to save the backup? A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be used to restore your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stops working; however, you can't choose individual items to restore.
4. Select the "On a hard disk" option where your external hard drive is listed.
5. Click "Next" to start creating the system image.
The size of the system image file is the size of all system files and personal files on your internal hard disk. It is usually much larger on the size of a CD or DVD. If you choose to create a system image on the CD/DVD drive, you need to prepare for a number of disks.
2012-02-08, 3010👍, 0💬
What is NicConfigSvc.exe process - Internal Network Card Power Management Service? Process nicconfig...
What Is Vundo Related vtsts.dll? 1. From www.bullguard.com/forum/ 8/DowloadTrojan-Virus-vt stsdll_1434...
How to change the Bluetooth device name on your Windows XP system? If you want to change the Bluetoo...
Can I disable Windows service "ClipBook" to speedup my computer? Windows service "ClipBook" - Enable...
How to export Windows services to a text file? If you want to export services that are currently con...