Creating Windows 7 System Image
How to create a System Image for my Windows 7 computer?
If you bought a new Windows 7 computer with some nice software pre-installed on the computer, you should create a system image on an external hard disc in case your internal hard disc fails.
1. Connect your external hard disc drive to your Windows 7 computer.
2. Go to "Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore".
3. Click on "Create a system image" from the left pane. You will see the "Create a system image" window showing up with these message:
Where do you want to save the backup? A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be used to restore your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stops working; however, you can't choose individual items to restore.
4. Select the "On a hard disk" option where your external hard drive is listed.
5. Click "Next" to start creating the system image.
The size of the system image file is the size of all system files and personal files on your internal hard disk. It is usually much larger on the size of a CD or DVD. If you choose to create a system image on the CD/DVD drive, you need to prepare for a number of disks.
2012-02-08, 3369👍, 0💬
How to verify IIS configuration for PHP scripts? If you have followed our Configuring IIS for PHP Sc...
A collection of 8 tutorials on Internet connections with DSL modems covering: What are required to u...
A collection of 14 tutorials on Apache and PHP installation and configuration covering: How to downl...
How do I remove the list of files that I have recently played from the File menu in the Player? In o...
Can I disable Windows service "Intel NCS NetService" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Intel ...