The overtype key seems to have been disabled since the last round of updates. I have tried following instructions to reactivate but to not avail. As I use overtype all the time to update minutes, this is a real problem for me. Any suggestions please?
Use one of the following methods to enable Overtype mode.
1. Do one of the following, as appropriate for your version of Word:
* In Word 2010 and Word 2013, click the File tab, and then click Options.
* In Word 2007, click the Office Button icon, and then click Word Options.
2. In the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced.
3. Do one of the following:
* To enable the INSERT key in order to control Overtype mode, click to select the Use the Insert key to control overtype mode check box.
* To keep Overtype mode always enabled, click to select the Use overtype mode check box.
4. Click OK.
1. Right-click the Status bar, and then click Overtype."Insert" is now displayed on the left side of the Status bar.
2. To use Overtype mode, click Insert on the Status bar. "Overtype" is now displayed on the left side of the Status bar.
Note The Status bar is located at the bottom of the Word window.
2015-05-23, 9814👍, 2💬
Where to find tutorials as Introduction to Internet Explorer (IE). Here is a list of tutorials to an...
Can I disable Windows service "Network Provisioning Service" to speedup my computer? Windows service...
What is "Windows Biometric Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Windows Biometric Serv...
What is "WMI Performance Adapter" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "WMI Performance Adapter"...
How to review Internet Explorer (IE) add-on or Browser Helper Object (BHO) tools on Windows XP with ...