Start/Stop Services with Task Manager on Windows 7
How to start or stop services with Task Manager on Windows 7?
You can start or stop a service with Task Manager on Windows 7 using these steps:
1. Enter "taskmgr.exe" in the Start button search box. Then right-click "taskmgr.exe" in the suggested match list.
2. Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. You will see the "Task Manager" window.
3. Click the "Services" tab. Then scroll up and down to select the service you are interested in, for example, "Spooler"
4. Right-click "Services". Then select "Start service" or "Stop service" from the context menu. The service will be started or stopped.
If you get an error message of "The operation could not be completed - Access is denied.", you are not running Task Manager as an administrator. Restart with step 1 and 2 correctly.
4. The picture below shows you how to start "Spooler" service with Task Manger:
2016-07-05, 993👍, 0💬
How to remove ssdiag.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
How to remove DSAgnt.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
What is Microsoft Research Extra Toolbar Button and Extra Tools Menu Item for Internet Explorer (IE)...
What is "Net.Pipe Listener Adapter" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Net.Pipe Listener Adap...
Can I remove startup application "realsched.exe - Real Player RealNetworks Scheduler" to speedup my ...