Disable Startup Programs with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to disable a startup program with Task Manager on Windows 8? I just want to stop the startup program getting executed at system startup time.
If you want to just stop a startup program getting executed at system startup time and keep the startup program configuration, in case you want to enable it later, you can follow these steps to disable it with Task Manager:
1. Type "taskmgr" in the search box and press Enter to run. You see "Task Manager" screen.
2. Click "More details" near the bottom. You see detail view of "Task Manager" screen.
3. Click the "Startup" tab. You see a list of startup programs showing up.
4. Select the startup program, "Java(TM) Update Scheduler", you want to delete.
5. Click the "Disable" button to save the change.
The selected startup program will be disabled.
2021-01-09, 2497👍, 0💬
If you are using a wireless router to connecting to the Internet through a DSL modem, how many IP ad...
Can I remove startup application "ISUSPM.exe - InstallShield Update Service Update Manager" to speed...
What are default Startup Programs on a Windows 7 Home Premium computer? If you are running a Windows...
How to change starting home page setting in Internet Explorer (IE) 7? Starting home page is a very i...
What is the scheduled task "\Optimize Start Menu Cache Files-S-1-5-21-...-1001" on my Windows 8 comp...