Disable Startup Programs with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to disable a startup program with Task Manager on Windows 8? I just want to stop the startup program getting executed at system startup time.
If you want to just stop a startup program getting executed at system startup time and keep the startup program configuration, in case you want to enable it later, you can follow these steps to disable it with Task Manager:
1. Type "taskmgr" in the search box and press Enter to run. You see "Task Manager" screen.
2. Click "More details" near the bottom. You see detail view of "Task Manager" screen.
3. Click the "Startup" tab. You see a list of startup programs showing up.
4. Select the startup program, "Java(TM) Update Scheduler", you want to delete.
5. Click the "Disable" button to save the change.
The selected startup program will be disabled.
2018-01-02, 108👍, 0💬
How to download and install HiJackThis? If you want to download and install HiJackThis to your Windo...
A collection of 7 tutorials on Internet connections with wireless routers covering: What are require...
What is Microsoft Research Extra Toolbar Button and Extra Tools Menu Item for Internet Explorer (IE)...
How to remove DLG.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security risk...
Can I disable Windows service "Apache Tomcat" to speedup my computer? Third party service "Apache To...