Disable Startup Programs with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to disable a startup program with Task Manager on Windows 8? I just want to stop the startup program getting executed at system startup time.
If you want to just stop a startup program getting executed at system startup time and keep the startup program configuration, in case you want to enable it later, you can follow these steps to disable it with Task Manager:
1. Type "taskmgr" in the search box and press Enter to run. You see "Task Manager" screen.
2. Click "More details" near the bottom. You see detail view of "Task Manager" screen.
3. Click the "Startup" tab. You see a list of startup programs showing up.
4. Select the startup program, "Java(TM) Update Scheduler", you want to delete.
5. Click the "Disable" button to save the change.
The selected startup program will be disabled.
2018-01-02, 246👍, 0💬
How do I copy the user ratings for my files to my new computer? You can ensure that the user ratings...
How to view services with the System Configuration tool "msconfig.exe" on Windows 7? System Configur...
Can I disable Windows service "Apache Tomcat" to speedup my computer? Third party service "Apache To...
Can I remove startup application "OSA9.exe - Microsoft Office Launch Helper" to speedup my computer ...
What is "UPnP Device Host" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "UPnP Device Host" service relat...