Disable Startup Programs with Task Manager on Windows 8
How to disable a startup program with Task Manager on Windows 8? I just want to stop the startup program getting executed at system startup time.
If you want to just stop a startup program getting executed at system startup time and keep the startup program configuration, in case you want to enable it later, you can follow these steps to disable it with Task Manager:
1. Type "taskmgr" in the search box and press Enter to run. You see "Task Manager" screen.
2. Click "More details" near the bottom. You see detail view of "Task Manager" screen.
3. Click the "Startup" tab. You see a list of startup programs showing up.
4. Select the startup program, "Java(TM) Update Scheduler", you want to delete.
5. Click the "Disable" button to save the change.
The selected startup program will be disabled.
2018-01-02, 199👍, 0💬
Can I remove startup application "atiptaxx.exe - ATI Desktop Control Panel" to speedup my computer a...
How to change the Bluetooth device name on your Windows XP system? If you want to change the Bluetoo...
I have created a table in MS Access. How do I create a form to help enter data into the table? Assum...
What are required to use wireless routers to connect to the Internet? If you want to connect to the ...
What is a DSL modem? A DSL modem is a device that is used to interface your computer and the DSL lin...