Impact of Restoring Windows 10 System
How do I know what it will be changed if I restore my Windows 10 system with a Restore Point created in the past?
You find your system is infected by a spamware. Before restoring it with a system restore point created in the past, you can find out what programs will be effected using these steps:
1. Click "Start > Settings".
2. Select "System > About".
3. Scroll down and click "System info".
4. Click "System protection" on the left. You see the "System Properties" window showing up with the "System Protection" tab opened.
5. Click "System Restore" button. You will see the "System Restore" window showing up
6. Select "Choose a different restore point" and click "Next". You will see the list of system restore points that have been created by you or by the system itself.
7. Select a system restore point like "Windows Modules Installer"
and click "Scan for affected programs".
You will see the list of programs that will be affected
if you go ahead the system to this restore point.
The first section shows all programs that will be deleted if you decided to restore the system to this restore point. For example, McAfee LiveSafe 16.0.3 is in the list, which means it was installed after this restore point and you may need to reinstall it if you use this restore point.
2017-11-04, 110👍, 0💬
I have several computers. How can I share my Internet Explorer favorites between two computers? Favo...
Can I remove startup application "WZQKPICK.exe - WinZip Quick Pick" to speedup my computer and reduc...
What is "Windows Biometric Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Windows Biometric Serv...
A new tab called "Services" is added in "Task Manager" on Windows Vista and Windows 7. What is this ...
Extracting All Files from a ZIP File 1. Run WinZIP and select menu File > Open Archive. The "Open Ar...